During its meetings and contacts with the Executive Board, the Supervisory Board discussed:
- Current and future developments, such as an overview of the financial and economic markets and the unfavourable investment climate affecting the activities of some of Triodos’ investment funds.
- Finance, risk and audit issues, including minutes of the Audit and Risk Committee; auditor’s reports; the capital raising issue; quarterly and annual reports; loan reports; Triodos Bank’s stress test; Dutch Central Bank (DNB) matters; and Basel III regulations.
- Corporate governance and compliance issues, such as remuneration, self-evaluation, and the upcoming reappointment of one member of the Supervisory Board in 2012.
- A review of the 2011 annual report with the external auditor.
Other issues discussed during the year included:
- Strategic issues, such as the three-year strategic plan 2012-2014
- Human Resources Management in the broadest sense, including talent review and company culture
- Triodos Bank’s position in the biomass market.
Certain loans did not develop according to Triodos Bank’s expectations and required substantial provisions.
The Supervisory Board’s supervision and review activities are based on the Executive Board’s written reports as well as presentations by senior staff.